The actual top of Mt. Carleton, and other photos

Fine, alright. Here’s what Mt. Carleton looked like the next morning:

20190314_114049.jpg

And here’s the hut I slept in while I wrote to you.

20190314_115144.jpg

Since then, I have done very little but re-establish that my only friends are made of snow, and I have feet like a duck. Thank you.

20190318_113738.jpg

20190319_201139.jpg
John see how far we’ve come from starting fires in the rain, also that is steak with melty cheese in that foil, keeping warm and being unfrozen, alright how great is that
20190315_181128.jpg
Snowbody out here but us snowpeople.

Just kidding. Sometimes I have friends. Mary “Denali” Mckinley, who finished the trail a few years ago, met Bernard and Francine, an incredible couple of trail angels, and also the only reason I have steak. Bernie and Francine: making trail dreams come true. More later maybe, if I love you enough. I go walking.

20190318_193211.jpg

6 Comments

1. Humppakarajat says:

Thank you for sharing! Snobody looks a bit frosty. Besides him, did you see any other hikers?

1. Sail Away says:

No, just a bunch of snowmobilers who ask if I am ok 😂. The New Brunswickers are lovely.

Liked by 1 person

2. Richard Anderson says:

Hello Sail Away, YOU ARE SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! I loved your pictures, having been there many times , but not in Winter. Matapedia here we come!!!!!!!
    Dick Anderson

1. Sail Away says:

SO. MUCH. SNOW.

3. nimblewill says:

What an amazing adventure!
    My. Carleton didn’t look like that when I was there! Hope you also hiked over to Sagamook, the sacred mountain.
    Be safe; stay well, dear friend…
    Nimblewill

1. Sail Away says:

ahaha argh, I forgot it was more special than many mountains. I went up the Sagamook trail, and then lost the trail amidst the snowdrifts and birch trees. decided to head straight south to Carleton instead of summiting Sagamook too. shoot.